Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sewing vs. a French Film, -or- The Names of Love

I didn't sew today. I was planning on finishing my circle skirt, but I didn't even touch it. Instead, I went out with some old friends to see a movie downtown, which we followed with dessert (mango sorbet...yum...). It was a French film called The Names of Love. It was about an exuberant girl who takes "make love, not war" to a literal level and sleeps with right-wing conservatives in order to win them over to the left. She meets a scientist, and unlikely as it seems, they fall in love. I loved it. It made me laugh, and a few times it made me squirm in my seat...the kind of squirming you do when the character does or says something that they will probably regret later, and you know they're about to, but you can't do anything to stop it. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a film at one of the downtown theaters. It was probably Juno, which gives you an idea of how long ago it was. It was a nice way to spend the evening. And I can always finish my skirt tomorrow. I hope you all had a wonderful evening as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment