Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pinterest Parade #1

Today I'm sharing three of my favorite pins from this week, a mini-parade of inspiration. As an aside, wouldn't it be amazing if you could go to a fashion show that was set up like a parade? Fashion bloggers would march past tossing candy to little kids, followed by floats carrying models in famous (and new!) designers' collections, and the owners of pattern companies (especially the small ones like Colette and Sewaholic) would dance by wearing their newest designs (with a little help from other seamstresses, because one or two people cannot wear all the designs they create!). It's so much fun in my head. :) I'll be the host/announcer.

I love the color and fit of this skirt, and the lace top is gorgeous, and that belt just pulls it all together spectacularly. I don't know what it is about white/cream lace and seafoam green, but it works. Hm. Actually, people always say you should use nature as your inspriation, so maybe that's why this works. The sea green topped with pale lace that mimics foam. Yup. Well, even without the analysis, it's gorgeous. :)


I just discovered Tanesha, who blogs at Girl with Curves, through a post by Sal at Already Pretty, and I love her. Her style is gorgeous, and she practically glows with confidence. She's also the same hourglass-pear shape as me (lots on the top, more on the bottom, and not much in the middle), and it's so nice to get inspiration from a girl who deals with the same fit issues!


I know I'm a little late to the game, but I just started watching Project Runway, and my favorite outfit showed up in episode 8. I would replicate this outfit head to toe, minus the sunglasses indoors. :) I especially love that bright stripe of goldenrod at the bottom. I'd look terrible with that color too close to my face, but it's perfect at the bottom of a skirt like this. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment