Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

I was going to dress up for work today, but when I put on my old costume from high school, it was super wrinkled, and A took one look and asked what in the world it was. It's a queen costume in faux shiny satiny sea green (under dress) and royal blue (over dress) with silver trim. My mom made it for me from Simplicity 8725. I didn't even realize this pattern was out of print until I tried to find it just now!

Anyway, I didn't wear it, and by the time I decided not to, it was too late to lace myself into my Renaissance Festival costume, so it was a no-go today. Maybe I'll dress up for the kiddies this evening. I don't even have a pumpkin. I'm thinking about running out to get one and just leaving it on the porch not carved up, so I can cook it up into a pie or something later. Yum!
In addition to being Halloween, today is the last day of Blogtoberfest. (Yay Blogtoberfesters!) Did anyone post every single day? Including today, I've blogged 22 out of the 31 days in October, and I'd say 71% is pretty good. I started this blog on May 27 of this year, and in the last month, I've doubled my total posts since May. Craziness.

From now on, I'm going to write three posts a week, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I'll toss in an extra one if I've got more to say. :) Every day is a little too much for me, although I'll definitely participate in Blogtoberfest again next year. I really enjoyed it, and I loved looking through the other Blogtoberfesters' blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment