Friday, October 28, 2011

Pinterest Parade #3

Lately, I've been preoccupied by coats. It's getting cold, and that tends to happen this time of year. I always have trouble finding coats that fit too, believe it or not. I really want a coat that covers my butt, but I can never seem to find something that fits in the shoulders but doesn't strain over my hips. I've been considering sewing up my own, but it's a little late for this year, and I don't really have the skills to do so yet. So I'm just oggling the coats and thinking that maybe I'll be good enough to stitch one up next year. Here's my Pinterest inspiration:

Ruffles down the front, and A-line from the waist.

Bustle-type ruffles on the back. I could do some inverted pleats on the back instead, to add some volume to the bottom of the coat.

Simple lines, but I love the scarf feel of the collar, with one side pulling through the other. I could also eat this color up, it's so delicious.

This coat is the exact shape I want. Everything about it is just lovely, except the color. White coats plus black dogs = always looking slightly dirty. Plus, I'm a clutzy, messy kind of person, and I can never keep white clean. Now, this jacket in gray with white buttons, that would be lovely.

This is the pattern I'm considering using for my jacket next year (Vogue 8346). It's kind of perfect, right? Just a little shorter, and another color. I might sew ruffles along the bottom too, maybe with an extra layer of ruffles on the back, just above the first layer. I could do a removable faux collar too, for extra warmth on super cold days. I'm excited just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. Those are seriously nice coats, I particularly like the first one!

    ReplyDelete