Monday, October 10, 2011

Blogtoberfest Goals Update

I did not post yesterday, and I'm not going to apologize for it, Blogtoberfest, because I was in Illinois, spending the weekend with A and I hadn't prepared a post in advance. When your spouse is long-distance, you simply don't spend time blogging when you're together. :)

I'm going to be out of town Wednesay through Friday, but that will be for work, so I'll have no problem posting. :) What that does mean, though, is that I won't have much time for sewing. Just tonight (after cooking dinner...a girl needs to eat!) and tomorrow night.

We are 10 days into October, and I thought I'd do an update on where I am with my October goals.

1. Complete my Circle Skirt Sew-along skirt. Completed and blogged about here. Casey also wrote a blog with the other sewists who participated in the Circle Skirt Sew-along, and they were so inspiring! I still think I'm going to add the pleat for a little extra something, but I'm really happy with the way it fits. It could also stand to be slightly shorter, but to be honest, I just can't imagine picking out the miles of hemming and re-doing it. I'll wear it all the time anyway, and I'll just cut down the next one. :)

2. Sew a red wool dress. I have the wool and lining and the vintage pattern I'm going to use, but I need to pre-wash the fabric. If it says "dry-clean only," can I hand-wash it anyway?

3. Put up photos of the sheet dress. This is done too, and blogged here. Love it!

4. Sew the Colette Ginger in the pink mystery fabric with gray pinstripes from my stash. This is going to be my next project. Hopefully, I'll be able to start it tonight (after dinner).

5. Bind at least one book every week. I haven't even touched my book binding table, and we're 10 days in. I'll probably scramble to bind four books at the end of the month!

6. Write a blog entry every day of the month. Umm...well, this goal is now to write a blog entry every day except October 9. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment