Monday, October 3, 2011

Lessons in Creativity

Lesson of the day: When having an inspiration block about an outfit, just talk to Mom.

I'm working on my Circle Skirt Sew-along skirt, and I'm happy with how it's coming along, but I've been having trouble with thinking of a way to make it into moe than just another blue skirt. I told my mom I'd been thinking about doing little pintucks at the bottom, but that obviously wouldn't work (or would be more trouble than it's worth), since the hem is a circle and pintucks are sort of straight. :) She suggested making a long bias strip and pleating it, then sewing that to the bottom, because a pleat cut on the bias would move with the shape of the hem. Genius, I tell you. I looked for a picture of what I have in mind when I got home, but I couldn't find anything quite like it. I guess that means it's pretty original. Or maybe I just need to think of better search criteria. Either way, the closest I could come was this pink top I found on Pinterest.


I think I'll only use one row of pleats instead of several, and I'll probably put it about an inch or half inch above the hem. I'm also not sure if I'll go with really loose pleats like these or more crisp pleats. I guess I'll just see what works, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment