Thursday, November 10, 2011

What to do?!

Extra post!

While cruising the blogs in my reader yesterday, I found this post by Robin at A Little Sewing. I immediately followed her link to the Stitchers Guild sewing discussion forum and have been absorbed in planning ever since.

The Stitchers Guild has an annual SWAP (Sewing With a Plan), in which all participants stitch up garments according to the year's rules. This year's rules seem to have been written with me in mind. :) You have to choose any seven garments from a given list (blouse or shirt, dress, jeans, skirt, jacket, etc.), then choose four of the seven to make twice for a total of 11 garments. It's all about fitting, and creating tried-and-true patterns that you'll be able to use again and again, and I'm so excited! It'll fit in with the Fall Palette challenge, because I'm using the same palette, so I'll be able to move smoothly from one challenge to the next.

I've got my plan pretty well fleshed out, but I have a couple of things still to figure out before I share it all. There's one big decision I can't seem to make. Remember the gorgeous rayon print I just bought? Here it is again, if you forgot it (the one on the left):

The fabric has a great hand and lots of movement, but I'm so in love with it that I don't know what to do with it! I've narrowed it down to four possibilities.

Simplicity 2145



 Sewaholic Lonsdale

Colette Crepe

Colette Chantilly


What would you do with this fabric?

No comments:

Post a Comment