Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Infinity Scarf - Completed!

I finished my sister's scarf! I talked about it in a post a couple weeks ago. I ran out of yarn when I was about three inches from the end, so I had to go out and get more of this expensive stuff, but it was worth it. It's beautiful. I looked up how to join seams together online, twisted the scarf so it would be a twisted loop, then joined the ends. Can you see the join? It's almost invisible on the right side, and it looks so clean on the wrong side. Love.


She'll be able to wear it just tossed over her head if she wants, or she can twist it around twice and wear it in what looks like a very complicated knot around her neck. I didn't get a photo of it long (well, I did, but Blogger and Picnik aren't playing well together, and it will only publish sideways, so I'm sorry, but you'll just have to imagine the beautiful long knit loop. When it's on, the bottom hits at about my belly button). Since it's a gift that hasn't been given, I can't really take a picture of it on my sister yet, so here's a photo of it on me.
 

I kind of want to keep it.

And a close-up. Can you see that I alternated knit and purl stitches in the same row? It makes it so that the scarf is super stretchy and twice as thick, another thing that I love about it.
 

Do I really have to give this one away? I suppose I do. It'll keep my little California sister warm in this cold Michigan winter. That's love, people.

6 comments:

  1. She is going to love it! Who wouldn't be excited to wear something so beautiful. So glad you featured it at Sew Country Chick. I will enjoy following your blog. I'm looking forward to see what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yarn-what a lucky sister. I'll enjoy seeing what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I just finished my first scarf last month and now I'm working on my second which is a christmas gift as well. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much! I'm so flattered to know that people are reading (and enjoying) my posts! Missy, I'm pretty new to knitting too. My favorite thing about it is being able to create something warm and beautiful while doing something else, like riding the bus or watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT !! I am making one of these types of scarves - but I am certain that it wont look as nice as yours ! :-)) Excellent job xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirsty, I'm sure your scarf will be lovely. This is only the third scarf I've knitted, and along with a couple washcloths, it's the extent of my knitting experience. Make sure you make your scarf in a color you wear a lot. I knitted my first scarf out of a bright teal, which is lovely, but not so much for me and my complexion/style. It's still sitting downstairs waiting for me to figure out what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete