Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vogue's New Patterns

Vogue's Fall pattern line is out; I just got the email this morning. There are some cute patterns and some that are... not so cute. There aren't any that blow my mind, but here are the ones I like:


Vogue 1253. Simple lines, modest enough for work but casual enough for play. Plus, I like the little twist in the bodice.


Vogue 8751. I really like these pants. I might acutally have to purchase this pattern, because they would be so flattering on my shape.



Vogue 8743. I have a thing about princess seams, and I'm really interested in the custom fit thing - this dress has different pieces for A, B, C, and D cups. I'm also pretty sure those are inverted box pleats, which I think it's about time I learned to do. My favorite skirt has inverted box pleats, and now that it's been ripped past repairing, I'd like to replicate it.



Vogue 8742. There was a model in this dress, but I wasn't a fan of how they styled it. The dress was too dark to see the gathering well, and it just didn't look as good as it could. However, the drawing is pretty cute.


Vogue 1259. You may think this is a dress, but it's really a top and a skirt. And I love them both. I just wish the raw edges weren't visible. I have an aversion to raw edges; no matter how polished the rest of the garment, I always feel like it's unprofessional.

No comments:

Post a Comment