Monday, July 18, 2011

Progress on the UFOs - One Down, Another Begun

I finished with the wedding invites (I still have to address them, but for that, I need the envelopes. Don't worry, I did order them, and I have an envelope-addressing party planned with my sister), and spent most of my free moments this weekend working on my partner's cloak. It's a soft faux-suede in olive green. All the seams are French seams (addicted? Yes!), and I'm adding a full lining in soft gray with as many pockets as I can fit into it, so it's taking longer than it would have if I'd just followed the pattern without modification, but it'll be so worth it in the end! I'm finished with the main cloak, and with the top-stitching and full hood, it's gorgeous. Now I have to cut out and sew the gray, add lots and lots of pockets, and stitch them together. So I guess I'm a little less than halfway done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment