What I do have a problem with is patterns. I have an extensive stash. 133 patterns, all but one of which I took photos of over the weekend (I forgot the one...I'm working on it right now, so it was in a bag with the rest of the stuff for that dress). I uploaded all the photos to Flikr, inspired by Lauren at Lladybird to take stock of what I've got. It's insane. I bought most of these as a lot, which explains the mysterious presence of children's patterns in spite of the lack of children in my life. And also explains all the 70s patterns, which I will probably never, ever sew up. It's definitely time to sort and purge. Maybe Etsy?
Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you. These are all patterns I'm hoping to sew up this year, since I love them all so much. They do actually include a couple of tops that may or may not be 70s-ish (late 60s? early 80s? I'm terrible at dating patterns!).
This is what I'm working on right now. I'll be tracing tonight. Yay!
If you're interested in seeing the rest of my extensive pattern collection, you can check it out here. :) I know I enjoyed drooling over Lauren's. I'm also thinking this will help immensely when I'm thinking about buying something new, so I don't come home with something similar (or identical).
And the (considerably shorter) list of fabrics in my stash:
- Navy polyester chiffon with blue dots - sheer collared shirt (Butterick 4042)
- Dusty rose crinkled polyester chiffon - sheer shirt (either Butterick 4042 or Simplicity 9559)
- Teal cotton with dark green pattern - sun dress (undecided on pattern, but it's mid winter, so I have time...Maybe Anne Adams 4543?)
- Gold poly satin - overskirt for Renaissance costume
- Pale lavendar linen - shirtdress
- Cream silk with pink and red flowers - blouse (Colette Jasmine)
- Multi-colored rayon - sundress (Simplicity 2145)
- Pink cotton - top based on Gertie's bombshell class
- Blue and tan check mystery fabric - winter something: coat, dress, skirt
- Lavender, pink, and gray plaid seersucker - sun dress
- Pink, gray, and white firework polyester - Simplicity 3562
- White embroidered cotton - Simplicity 3562
- Tan and brown twill from Grandma's stash - undecided