Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Muslin and French Seams

Last night, I finished the muslin and made a few minor adjustments. I added a quarter inch to the inside of each of the bodice pieces for modesty and decided to make the seam allowance 3/8" instead of 5/8" on the inside of those pieces. I also pulled the inside corners down a quarter inch to prevent gaping in the chest. I experimented with sewing a French seam on one of the skirt seams, and it turned out beautifully.

I'm so excited about these! I found a tutorial on Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing, which made French seams seem so easy (hehe...seams seem). I want to use French seams on all of my clothes now; they're so pretty and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment