Friday, June 3, 2011

Marking Fabric Blemishes and Adding In-Seam Pockets

While I was pressing the blue flowered fabric (formerly a sheet), I found a bunch of small stains and cuts in the fabric, so I tacked them with bright red thread so I wouldn't cut out pieces that had problems.

There's lining in the crossover bodice pieces of the dress and interfacing in the back, and I've decided to self-line and self-interface. Because of the scattered placement of the stains and cuts, I couldn't just fold the fabric in half and cut two pieces at once, so cutting took me a little longer than it should have.

Actually, the whole dress is going to take me a little longer. With the French seams, every seam will take twice as long, and I decided to add in-seam pockets too. I know, it's ambitious for my second dress, but I don't see why I can't. Just a little extra time. I learned how to sew in-seam pockets from a Burda tutorial last year, and I've sewn them into two skirts (one in rare circulation and one a sad UFO...more on that another time).

No comments:

Post a Comment