Debi over at My Happy Sewing Place is hosting Sew Grateful week this week. I have to say, I love this idea, and since I just won a lovely giveaway myself, I've decided to pass on the sewing love.
I have another beautiful vintage pattern to give away. I love, love, love this pattern, but I have more patterns in my collection than I can reasonably expect to use in one lifetime. :) Since I am a firm believer patterns should be used, rather than stored until they turn to dust, I'm passing this stunning gown pattern on to one of you, who will be able to make it into something lovely and wearable.
The pattern is Vogue 5867, and it's a size 14 (32 bust, 35 hip). After a little research, I think it's from the mid 1940s - possibly 1946. I got it as part of a lot of 100 patterns I bought last year, which was the combined collection of two women from Tennessee. As you can see, the envelope is slightly yellowed, but in fairly good condition. I haven't opened it, so I'm not sure about the condition of the pieces, but the patterns I have opened from this lot were all intact and had clearly been used but were still in great shape.
The back of the pattern says "Long or short length. three-piece skirt with straight or harem gathered peplum joined at waist-line. High round neck or optional collar band. Long fitted or short sleeves."
Here are the rules for this giveaway:
1. Comment and tell me what fabric you would use to make this dress in and where you would wear it.
2. Because one of the things I'm "Sew Grateful" for is the lovely support I've received in the form of your sweet comments, if you enter this giveaway by commenting on this post, you will automatically be entered a second time if you left me a comment on any post (other than my last giveaway) prior to today. (Did that make sense? I feel like it's a bit convoluted!)
3. You must have a way for me to contact you (email, or a link to a blog profile with your email in it).
4. If you win, you cannot sell the pattern. If you decide at some point that you no longer want it, please pass on the sewing love to someone else in the form of a giveaway or a gift.
5. The giveaway will be open until 7:00 am ET on Monday morning (February 13), at which time I will be writing all the names on slips of paper and picking one out of a hat. I'll announce the winner on Monday and will email you if you won as well.
Good luck, and thank you all so much!
Edit: Whoops! Since you all probably aren't psychic, I suppose I should add this instead of assuming you'll be able to gather this information by reading between the lines: this giveaway is open to everyone all over the world. :)